TSA Pre✓® for eligible U.S. passengers
Beginning November 1, 2017, customers traveling on Cathay Pacific from any of its six U.S. gateways, including Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), and San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and who are enrolled and approved for Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS will be eligible to use the dedicated TSA Pre✓® lanes. This will allow eligible passengers to use dedicated screening lanes, where available, and enjoy an expedited traveller screening through TSA security checkpoints.
Who is eligible for TSA Pre✓®?
- Individuals who apply and are approved for the Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) trusted traveler program are eligible to participate in TSA Pre✓® when traveling on a participating airline and through a participating airport. TSA Pre✓® eligibility as a member of a CBP trusted program is available to members of Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS.
- U.S. citizens and U.S. lawful permanent residents.
- Canadian citizens who are members of NEXUS.
The following categories of U.S. passengers are currently eligible for TSA Pre✓®:
For more information, including enrollment and eligibility requirements for a trusted traveler program, please visit www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs.
How does it work?
The TSA Pre✓® standard steps:
- Travelers who are approved will be provided with a membership number (PASS ID).
- When making a booking reservation or at time of check-in, travelers should enter their 9-digit PASS ID in the "Known Traveler Number" (KTN) field.
- Information including full name, date of birth and gender must be an exact match to the information provided to CBP at time of enrollment.
- This membership number enables the TSA's Secure Flight System to verify that the traveler is a legitimate CBP Trusted Traveler and eligible for TSA Pre✓®.
- Once verified by TSA Secure Flight, TSA Pre✓® will be printed on the boarding pass.
For more information about TSA Pre✓® visit tsa.gov/precheck.