Cathay Pacific (CX) / Cathay Dragon (KA) fuel surcharges effective August 1, 2020
Cathay Pacific (CX) / Cathay Dragon (KA) fuel surcharges will be remain unchanged except below highlight for journey ex-Japan for tickets issue/exchange on/after 1 August 2020 and travel on/after 1 August 2020.
|Flights||POS Canada (one way)||POS USA (one way)|
|Long haul1||CAD 0.0||USD 0.0|
|Short haul1||CAD 0.0||USD 0.0|
|Japan - Hong Kong2||JPY 500 or equivalent||JPY 500 or equivalent|
|Japan - Taiwan3||JPY 500 or equivalent||JPY 500 or equivalent|
1. Long haul and short haul flight destinations are defined below.
2. Short haul flights between Hong Kong and Japan.
3. Short haul flights between Taiwan and Japan.
What flights are long haul?
Cathay Pacific (CX) / Cathay Dragon (KA) flight coupons between Hong Kong (HKG) and South West Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, South Asian sub-continent, including Bengaluru (BLR), Mumbai (BOM), Kolkata (CCU), Delhi (DEL), Kathmandu (KTM), Dhaka (DAC), Hyderabad (HYD), Chennai (MAA) and Malé (MLE).
The long haul fuel surcharge also includes CX codeshare flight coupons between:
- Japan and USA
- USA and Brazil
- USA and Chile
- USA and Peru
- New Zealand and Chile
- Brazil and United Kingdom
- Brazil and France
- Brazil and New York
- Kazakhstan and Hong Kong
- Kazakhstan and Korea
- Kazakhstan and Thailand
- Africa and Brazil
- Spain and Brazil
- Spain and Chile
- Spain and Peru
What flights are short haul?
Cathay Pacific (CX) / Cathay Dragon (KA) flight coupons not specified above are short haul flights.
The surcharges apply per passenger per Cathay Pacific (CX) / Cathay Dragon (KA) flight coupon and will be collected from all passengers regardless of ticket stock except:
- Cathay Pacific (CX) flights between DMM and BAH (Ground Transportation),
- Code-shared ferries to/from Hong Kong on all Cathay Pacific (CX) / Cathay Dragon (KA) sectors,
- POS Bangladesh for journey ex BD on all Cathay Pacific (CX) / Cathay Dragon (KA) sectors.